Check back here for the latest news and updates regarding what is happening at Holy Disciples and in our greater community.
Join us for a virtual rosary via Zoom led by Tim Braden. If you would like to take part, please click here to fill out a form to show your interest and availability. Once a day has been set, we will be sending out the Zoom link to those who have signed up.
The Archdiocese has initiated a $100 million campaign to provide long-term funding for retirement and medical needs of priests and women religious, as well as support of individual parishes. A successful campaign will allow the Archdiocese to:
- Establish a stronger position to provide a consistent, appropriate retirement for priests by moving from a pay-as-you-go system to a fully-funded model for priest pension and medical plans.
- Increase the ability of women religious orders to care for their senior members while continuing their ministry to God’s people.
- Give parishes more resources for their local ministries, services, works and programs.
- Lead by example in prayer, action, and generosity.
- Reinforce a dynamic faith for the next generation of Catholics in Western Washington.
The Catholic Church supports public policies that serve the common good and are aligned with our Church teachings. The Catholic Church does not endorse candidates or political parties. You may encounter websites, sources, or mailers that claim to be Catholic. However, they may not be officially aligned with or sanctioned by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). If a source tells you to support a specific candidate or political party, it is most certainly not officially aligned with the Catholic Church. For information about national public policy, please refer to the USCCB website. Please consult the Washington State Catholic Conference (WSCC) for information about state and local public policies.
When considering political candidates’ views on public policies, we recommend reading Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States.